Monday, February 20, 2012

Sunday Happenings

Yesterday the kids and I went to the 8am service for church.  Yes, I said 8am.  This service, for obvious reasons, has a much smaller crowd, a much calmer setting and is way more relaxed.  I truly like the 10am service with the full Lutheran service, but Rachel handles the calmer service so much better.
After church we had Sunday School.  I am now on the Board of Education at church and was in charge of Sunday School today.  The lesson was "Joseph interprets Pharaoh's Dreams".  There was not a great amount of material for crafts for this lesson, so I needed to fill the time in another way.  I had my own kids act out the story here at home and filmed it on our iPad.  Brittany played the role of Joseph.  Seth and Rachel were the two that were imprisoned with him.  Later in the story, Rachel played the part of the Pharaoh, and Seth aided the roles of the skinny cows eating the fat cows.  They had a lot of fun with it and I was very proud of them when we displayed it to the Sunday School group yesterday.
When we got home from church, I changed out of my church clothes and proceeded to get some reading minutes.  For those of you not familiar with the West Marshall district, we celebrate the whole month of February for Dr. Seuss.  We have a reading minutes challenge for the whole school working toward a prize.  As I was laying there I remembered someone say something about the Dollar Theater in Ames.  I quick looked it up on my phone and found a movie the kids would like.  So I quick redressed and got the kids in the car and headed to Ames.
We ate out for lunch and were on our way to the theater.  The tickets were literally $1 and since we had just eaten, did not need snacks.  We saw Alvin and the Chipmunks:  Chipwrecked, for $4 for the 4 of us.  On our way out of town, we hit Culvers and I had free Scoopie coupons from Kids Meal bags, so we all had a free scoop of ice cream.  We had a great day out for very cheap and then came home to get reading minutes.
I know.  Kind of a boring post about our family, but the kids loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment