Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Parent-Teacher Conference Day

I'm stealing this joke from a website today.  There is no author listed, but I've heard it before.  Tonight is our first of two nights for parent/teacher conferences.  Being a music teacher I usually don't get very many "customers".  Every now and then I get the uber-responsible parent that comes to check how their child is doing in music class.  Usually they're my best students.  The students I have problems with are usually having problems in their classroom also.  
I know this joke isn't about conferences, but you could probably insert the word conferences wherever it says inservice.  Enjoy!




Inservice Joke
A teacher died and went to heaven. St. Peter welcomed her in and said
he would show her to her place in heaven.  The first neighborhood was
lovely. People were out on the park-like lawns, socializing,
Bar-B-Q-ing, playing golf on a beautifully landscaped golf course, and
having a fine time.
"Oh, this is wonderful," says the school teacher to St. Peter, "Is
this where I'll be staying?"
"No, this is the doctors' area," replied St. Peter.
They continue the journey and come to another beautiful neighborhood.
Again everyone is outside socializing. People are on tennis courts,
swimming in pools, etc.  "My, this IS paradise," gushed the teacher,
"Is this my  neighborhood?"
"No, no, the teacher's area is next."
They move on among the clouds until they reach and equally beautiful
neighborhood, but no one is outside. No one is visible anywhere and
the houses appear to be closed and empty.
"Well, here we are," said St. Peter with a smile, "Isn't this a fine
place to be?"
"Yes," replied the teacher with noticeable disappointment in her
voice.
"Don't many teachers make it to heaven? I don't see anyone else here?"
"Sure, we get lots of teachers. Don't worry they'll all be here
tomorrow. They're just down in hell for another inservice."

No comments:

Post a Comment